Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) is a professional certification offered by ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association) that validates the knowledge and expertise of individuals in the field of information security management. CISM certification is designed for experienced information security professionals who are responsible for managing, designing, and overseeing an organisation’s information security program.
- The primary audience for Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) training is security professionals and IT administrators who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the field of information security.
- This type of training is essential for IT professionals who wish to gain a comprehensive understanding of the security risks and approaches that are used to protect businesses and their data.
- Those who take CISM training will learn about various areas of security risk management and security controls, as well as how to build and maintain an effective security program.
- The training also provides individuals with the skills to develop and evaluate security policies, understand security process and technologies, and manage and monitor an organization's information security program.
- CISM training is also beneficial for individuals who are working in the field of information security or those who are pursuing a degree in the respective field Ultimately, the CISM certification is an important asset for anyone who wants to increase their credentials in order to advance their career.