This two-day course will provide participants with the skills to analyze the financial statements of companies to effectively appraise the current position and future prospects of the business. Several annual reports are used to analyze and compare the balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements and supporting notes of these companies. This is a highly interactive course where case studies and exercises are used to illustrate key learning points, allowing participants to apply the concepts acquired during the course to real-life scenarios.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Understand the fundamentals of financial statements, including how the statements link and the key accounting principles that govern them
• Analyze the balance sheet of companies and assess their position
• Adjust and consistently analyze the income statement of companies and assess their performance
• Carry out ratio analysis and assess the drivers of performance
• Analyze the cash flow statement of companies and identify the cash flow drivers
• Interpret what the suitable adjustments and analysis indicate about the prospects for the company