HCISPP, which stands for HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner, is a comprehensive certification program designed specifically for professionals who play a crucial role in ensuring the security and privacy of healthcare data. This certification is offered by (ISC)².
The HCISPP certification validates an individual’s knowledge and skills in implementing, managing, and assessing security and privacy controls within the healthcare industry. The program covers a wide range of essential topics to equip professionals with the expertise needed to safeguard sensitive healthcare information.
The course content of the HCISPP certification program focuses on key areas related to healthcare information security and privacy.
- Healthcare Industry
- Regulatory Environment
- Privacy and Security in Healthcare
- Information Governance and Risk Management.
- Information Risk Assessment
- Third-Party Risk Management
- Incident Response and Recovery
By earning the HCISPP certification, professionals demonstrate their competence in healthcare information security and privacy practices. This certification is highly regarded in the healthcare industry as a testament to an individual’s expertise and commitment to protecting sensitive healthcare data. It is intended for professionals such as information security managers, privacy officers, compliance officers, risk managers, and others responsible for managing security and privacy in healthcare settings.
- The target audience for HCISPP training are IT and healthcare professionals who are responsible for protecting the security, privacy and integrity of their organization’s Protected Health Information (PHI).
- This might include IT analysts, IT security specialists, Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs), privacy officers, HIPAA compliance officers, system administrators and anyone else who is responsible for the security of PHI.
- This type of certification training is ideal for those looking to advance their career in the healthcare IT sector, advance their knowledge in healthcare information security, prove their knowledge in their desired field or demonstrate a commitment to their organization's security and privacy.
- Furthermore, HCISPP certification provides the necessary skills and knowledge to meet regulatory and compliance requirements, making it ideal for healthcare organizations that must prove their security and privacy compliance to external auditors.
Module 1: Healthcare Industry
Module 2. Information Governance in Healthcare
Module 3: Information Technologies in Healthcare
Module 4: Regulatory and Standards Environment
Module 5: Privacy and Security in Healthcare
Module 6: Risk Management and Risk Assessment
- Understand Enterprise Risk Management
- Understand Information Risk Management Framework (RMF) (e.g., International Organization for Standardization (ISO), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST))
- Understand Risk Management Process
- Identify Control Assessment Procedures Utilizing Organization Risk Frameworks
- Participate in Risk Assessment Consistent with the Role in Organization
- Understand Risk Response (e.g., corrective action plan)
- Utilize Controls to Remediate Risk (e.g., preventative, detective, corrective)
- Participate in Continuous Monitoring
Module 7: Third-Party Risk Management
- Understand the Definition of Third-Parties in Healthcare Context
- Maintain a List of Third-Party Organizations
- Apply Management Standards and Practices for Engaging Third-Parties
- Determine When a Third-Party Assessment Is Required
- Support Third-Party Assessments and Audits
- Participate in Third-Party Remediation Efforts
- Respond to Notifications of Security/Privacy Events
- Respond to Third-Party Requests Regarding Privacy/Security Events
- Promote Awareness of Third-Party Requirements
Education and training
Overall, the HCISPP certification can open up many different career paths and opportunities for professionals in the UAE who are interested in healthcare information security and privacy.
Understanding of regulatory requirements
Mitigation of cyber threats
Implementation of security and privacy controls
Competitive advantage: By completing the HCISPP course and earning the certification, you have a competitive advantage over other candidates who do not have this certification. This can make you more attractive to companies that are looking for professionals with expertise in healthcare information security and privacy.