The Foundation certification covers the knowledge required to gain an understanding of the content and requirements of the international standard ISO/IEC 20000: IT Service Management. ISO/IEC 20000 is a standard for IT Service Management (ITSM) that specifies requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving a service management system. It applies to any organization, regardless of its size, type, or nature, that wishes to provide effective and efficient IT services.
The ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation certification is an entry-level certification that confirms a candidate’s understanding of the key concepts, principles, and requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard. The certification is designed for IT professionals, managers, and consultants who are involved in IT service management and wish to demonstrate their knowledge of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard.
- Managers and consultants seeking to acquaint themselves with ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements for an SMS
- Personnel responsible for managing, maintaining, and improving services and service delivery capabilities
- Aspiring professionals seeking knowledge about basic concepts of service management
- Members of SMS implementation and operation teams
- Individuals wishing to pursue a career in service management